Inspiring Women in Construction 2020 events
Construction News’ launched Inspiring Women in Construction in 2018 with the aim of empowering individuals and companies in the industry to champion a fair representation of gender at senior positions, supporting women already working in the sector looking to develop their career and helping businesses improve their culture to enable women to flourish.
The regional workshops and webinars are a core pillar of the campaign and give women and men the opportunity to network, hear from role models and gain best practice to help their careers or businesses.
From each event or webinar you will take away:
- Inspiring stories from role models who have reached senior positions in and outside construction
- An expanded industry network through facilitated networking sessions such as mentor speed networking
- Business best practice to help make your company become a more diverse and inclusive place to work, through case studies of flexible working and inclusive recruitment policies
Next event: Webinar 19 November 2020
The next webinar will be focused on how businesses can and are changing, to create a more welcoming place for women, and how it is creating a better industry for all to work in.
The webinar will cover:
- Creating a welcoming and inclusive industry and exploring how change can support future growth.
- At a corporate level, how are businesses changing practices to support women and their careers?
- What does a more inclusive and diverse company look like in practice for employees and it’s structure?
- How are leaders making the case to invest in more inclusive practices and what is impact on short-long term growth?
- What can be done to attract the next generation of women to enter the construction industry and ensure it has a better image?
- Sophie Lambert, project manager, VINCI Construction Grands Projets
- Paige Matthews, finance director, Trad
Register for your free place at the webinar below: